09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

You are my sunshine...


I found stickers at Micheal's craft store the other day... they were less then 2$ and I knew what I wanted to do with them the moment I saw them... Of course I forgot to take a picture of them before I used them. I also grabbed some Martha Stewart paints and a canvas.  I am working on redoing our 1 year old's room in more yellow and gray.

So this blog post at 2 Crafty 4 My Skirt. This made it so much easier... I did this but I didn't measure and ended up having to hand paint the bottom.
Before I added any stickers.



I knew I wanted to paint it gray with yellow chevron, I was trying to figure out how to tape it off when I found

Then I added my stickers... the you are my part was brown and the sunshine part was to orangey-yellow, So I grabbed my new paint markers that I just won from an Elmer's Craft it giveaway on facebook. No they didn't sponsor this post.. but you can like them on facebook here, they do giveaways pretty frequently.

So I used the yellow fine tip and colored over the orangey part then, I added a few or the curly doodads (yes that's really a word in my world.) But the yellow just blended in... So I grabbed my brown fine tip paint marker and filled them in...here's how it looked. I also framed the letters in Sunshine to make them pop.
Yellow fixed and some curly doodads.


I still felt like it wasn't enough... so I added more curly doodads. The one on the bottom right is actually two small curls placed closely together.. and then I filled those in. Then it was JUST right...


Practically Perfect in every way..


But I felt like I needed to do more art.. so I grabbed this

















 and turned it into this.. Not a huge change but brighter and will work better with the plans I have for my son's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment