09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1ST taggie blanket.


I am making all this baby stuff for the million or so pregnant people I know and I decided to try soemthing I have never done. I decided to make a taggie blanket.

For those of you that don't know Taggie blankets are little blankets with satin or textured tags around the outside edges. The idea is for the baby to use these both as self soothing and as tactile and visual stimulation.

Sounds awesome to me. So here is what I did.

First I picked 4 soft and cozy fabrics, 2 flannels in different patterns, and 2 minky type fabrics, one in flat and the other has like bubbles. I love how snuggley these fabrics are.

Then I ton a small TON of ribbon and cut them all into 3 in. sections. I sewed 4 squ
ares (aprox. 8in by 8in) and then pined the "tags" to it. I covered the whole border with one set of stitches.

Then I placed on the blue minky right side to right side and sewed it to the other side, making sure the tags were inside, I left a small opening between tags to turn. This gave me a 2nd seem over all the tags.

After that I turned it inside out and top stitched the entire thing all the way a
round! This gave me a 3rd seem over the tags.

I was very concerned about a baby pulling the tags out but afte
r finishing I pulled on the tags pretty hard and nothing moved, I let my 4 yr old play with it for a little while and still nothing so I am confidant we are good to go.

I love the way it turned out... now to make more.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! Great job. I just love these.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday Link Party! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and join us for another week sharing great ideas for our kids!!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    :)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete